QUINTA DO CASAL DO CONDADO - FACHA, PONTE DE LIMA
Situated in Facha between Ponte de Lima and Barcelos, this 16th century manor house is on the old pilgrims route to Santiago de Compostela and still evidences the character of its former hospitality. The house, which has six elegant apartments, is set amidst beautiful woodlands and orchards. Guests may be fascinated by a distinguished atmosphere, where history and contemporary elements are in harmony.
Within this enchanting environment, various terraces and an expansive lawn are framed within majestic ancient trees, bushes and herbaceous. There is an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and a tennis court.
A bunch of places of pilgrimage and ancient villages waiting to be discovered turn Quinta do Casal a perfect place for a remarkable stay.
Estrada dos Combatentes do Ultramar, 1499 - Facha
Situated in Facha between Ponte de Lima and Barcelos, this 16th century manor house is on the old pilgrims route to Santiago de Compostela. The house, which has six new apartments, is set in beautiful woodlands and orchards. There is an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre and a tennis court. A relaxing ambiance where history and contemporary elements are in harmony.
In Solares de Portugal The art of good living , Edições INAPA, 2007
Located in the municipality of Facha, in the Ponte de Lima council, the Quinta do Casal, or Quinta do Casal do Condado as it is also referred to, appears in the valley between Monte da Nó and the Castelo. To the west the chapel of the Senhora da Rocha and the Castro of Santo Estevão stand out.
The Quinta, hence fully walled and with a chapel, was inhabited and belonged, in 1645, to the family of Roque de Barros Rego, a Royal noble, that had inherited the property from his father Afonso de Caminha. One of his grandfathers, Fernão Anes do Rego, who lived in the time of king D. João I, fought with his father at the famous battle of Aljubarrota.
The Manor House, until recently totally in ruins, was reconstructed by Alcino Cardoso according to the original blueprint, and then preserved, refurbished, and requalified. To not melt the old with the new but to bring them into contrast that was the concept that guided the project of architect Lourenço Rocchi.
From the vast window both close and far you can enjoy the gorgeous scenery.
The living rooms and the bedrooms are ample and the interior decoration simple, so as to provide the comfort of contemporary life. Three of the bedrooms and six apartments are reserved for tourism, and so is one living room and a games room. The property includes a solarium, chapel and apartments, swimming pool, playground, tennis court, gymnasium, and an old water-mill.
The Manor House qualifies as a building of public interest by suggestion from the IPPAR.